The Florida State Poets Association offers members the opportunity to sponsor and choose a theme for one of their annual poetry contests, so I'm happy to announce the contest theme: LISTENING!
The submission period begins in May (details below), but as March is Listening Awareness Month, this is a great time to start thinking about it!
This category was inspired by the many wonderful poems people have shared with me in response to "The Beauty of Listening" poetry collection, International Listening Association poetry readings, and the Listeners Unite Website.
As a sponsor, I won't be judging, but I look forward to seeing and celebrating the final selections.
All are welcome. You do not have to be a Florida resident or an FSPA member to enter.
- Length: 40 lines Maximum
- Entry fee: $1.00
- Submission period: May 1 - July 15, 2016 (postmark deadline)
- Winners of 1st Place ($50 award), 2nd Place ($25 award) and 3rd Place ($15 award), as well as three Honorable Mentions, will be published in the 2016 Florida State Poets Association Anthology and recognized on the FSPA Website. I'll also post a special congratulations on The Pig's Wings blog.
Good luck! :)
- Florida State Poets Association (FSPA) is part of the National Federation for Poetry Societies. For more about the FSPA, visit their Website and the FSPA Facebook Page!
- Listening Awareness Month was started by the International Listening Association (www.Listen.org). Learn more about listening awareness at www.ListenersUnite.com and find related downloads here.
- For more about "The Beauty of Listening" poetry collection, visit www.LindaEveDiamond.com or www.TheBeautyofListening.com. Find poems from the book on The Pig's Wings or through my Poetry Page. Find "The Beauty of Listening" at Amazon in Paperback and Ebook editions.